For the 10th anniversary of 9/11, I visited a beautiful memorial at Art Hill in front of the St. Louis Art Museum. These photos do not even begin to capture the overwhelming nature of the memorial, but I am going to share them anyway as a small reminder of and tribute to the lives lost on that day.
All I can say is that this memorial is the epitome of the expression, "you have to see it to believe it." When I topped the hill to overlook almost 3,000 American flags whipping in the wind, the power of it truly took my breath away. To see thousands of vibrant, waving flags stretching from tree line to tree line, each one representing a life lost, gave me new meaning of the impact of 9/11.
We Will Never Forget.
And to all our soldiers who risk their lives to protect us and our freedoms, all I can say is: Thank You.










love!
ReplyDeletethe feeling is so right there when viewing these pics. i think the dead rose with the red white and blue flags and the child looking over the flags, all these visions are so appropriate. i know that some believe that what happened should be left alone but i believe we need to be reminded constantly of what happened and the men and women that protect and still do. i salute them and you CERTAINLY did in these pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning and powerful tribute to the people who have lost their lives for our freedom. These photos are beautiful.
ReplyDelete