Crocheting in the Sun

I first learned how to crochet in 2002 when I started going to a Thursday night "Stitch 'n B*tch" group that liked to watch new episodes of "Friends" while crocheting and chatting.  A couple of the group's members showed me how to make my first "chain," and a basic stitch and transitions.  I've crocheted A LOT of scarves since then.  I also crocheted a baby blanket for one of my little cousins one year.  And I crocheted a blanket for my dad as a Christmas gift one year, however, after making it big enough to cover him head to toe, I swore I'd never crochet another blanket again.  So far, I've stuck to that promise.

In 2007 I learned how to make hats, which I did for a while for a wonderful non-profit organization called "The Preemie Project" in Iowa City, Iowa that made hats, booties, and blankets for premature babies in the NICU.

But mostly, I make lots and lots of scarves.  That's what I'm doing this afternoon... after a run to Hobby Lobby with a good friend who picked out a yarn, now I'm lounging in my sun-drenched living room crocheting a scarf.  I forget what a relaxing hobby it is when I go too long without picking up my yarn and hook.  I was so happy working on it with the autumn sun cascading through the windows and warming me, that I decided to take a photo and even blog about it.

Toss in a mug of hot cocoa with marshmallows, and here's my idea of a perfectly lovely fall Saturday.





CONNECT WITH ASHLEY MANSUR PHOTOGRAPHY


Please click the above links to visit Ashley Mansur Photography on the web.

Comments