Laura and Martin: A Virginia Wedding

"May my heart be your shelter, and my arms be your home."  ~Marianne Williamson

I have been thinking about this particular blog post for months, stewing over how to describe the experience, express the feelings, and showcase the photographs of what I think (and hope) was the most perfect wedding Laura and Martin could have dreamt for themselves and their loved ones.

When they called me a year ago to talk about their wedding and what they were envisioning, I could tell immediately that they were entering marriage bonded by love, their family, and their friends.  They wanted the weekend to be an intimate affair, a time for all the people closest to them to come together in a beautiful place so dear to Martin's heart and simply have fun and celebrate together.  They wanted a photographer who could blend in, capture the realness of the celebration without interrupting it, turn their natural moments into beautiful photographic memories, and celebrate with them too.  I decided I could fit that bill.  I had to fit that bill.

I have known Martin since he was 11 years old.  He was an energetic, inquisitive, friendly kid in my neighborhood, and his older sister was (and still is) such a close friend to me that I call her my sister.  So even though I am not a wedding photographer, I decided I had to become one... for them.

And I'm so glad I stepped out of my box, both because the weekend inspired me artistically in new ways and because they made me feel like a member of the family and part of the celebration, not just their "wedding photographer."

I flew into Washington, D.C. the Thursday before the wedding and stayed through Sunday, so my camera and I got a workout that weekend.  I was at every event starting with a casual BBQ at the groom's parents' house Thursday night all the way through brunch on Sunday morning.  I took so many photos, probably TOO many photos, and I caught some moments I didn't even realize had happened until I started looking at the photos when I got home.

Their wedding weekend was fairy-tale-esque.  The backdrop was gorgeous with rolling hills and red-brick streets of an old Virginia town named Staunton, mountains in the background, and low-70s, sunshiney weather with a perfect, soft breeze the entire three days.

Add the family and friends who traveled from near and far and brought with them bountiful energy, fun and a deeply rooted love for the couple, it was impossible for it not to be a perfect weekend.

So, I am not only thrilled to have the honor of capturing and sharing the memories they created during their wedding weekend, but I am also touched and forever grateful that I was embraced as a valued part of their family and the celebration.

Without further ado, I bring to you my portrayal of Laura and Martin's union:






























































 













































 

























































 








 












































Congratulations, Laura and Martin!  May your life together be as happy and filled with as much love as the day you said, "I do."


CONNECT WITH ASHLEY MANSUR PHOTOGRAPHY



Please click the links above to visit Ashley Mansur Photography on the web.

Comments

  1. Absolutely stunning! Ashley you are so talented and capture some of the most magical moments! Cheers to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I poured my heart into this project, and all the reward is knowing the photos touch other people. Your words mean everything to me.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, Ashley! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! I am thrilled you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  3. Oh, Ashely! these photos are fabulous. They capture the weekend perfectly!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! They are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog exploded! But your spirit and talent is still abundant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment