“It's a smile. It's a kiss. It's a sip of wine ... It's summertime!” ~Kenny Chesney
I have a backlog of personal photos I haven't yet blogged, but it is actually, selfishly, very enjoyable when I leave photos sitting untouched in my queue for a few months. The reason is because when I finally go back to them it's like seeing them for the first time again, and I can go back to the day they were taken and feel that memory in a new way. The below photos, for example, were so fun to start flipping through this morning because this little pup, Diesel, is about four times bigger now. And his owner, the little curly-headed blonde, is bigger now too. So naturally, I found myself gushing with "Awwww's" at these (now old) photos, and that's fun!
I took these pictures one laid back Sunday evening. We were spending time outside. The kids were playing around the swing set, running around the yard with the dogs, and as the evening moved along they started drawing with chalk in the driveway with the gorgeous dusk sun behind them. Some folks were hanging around the BBQ grill, telling stories and laughing. Some others were just sitting in the grass admiring all the kids enjoying themselves. And I was, as usual, swirling around with my camera trying to take pictures of all of it. Here are just a few of the highlights from that evening:
I hope each of you is having a delightful summer filled with puppy love, warm lighting, and chalk-on-your-butt fun.
I have a backlog of personal photos I haven't yet blogged, but it is actually, selfishly, very enjoyable when I leave photos sitting untouched in my queue for a few months. The reason is because when I finally go back to them it's like seeing them for the first time again, and I can go back to the day they were taken and feel that memory in a new way. The below photos, for example, were so fun to start flipping through this morning because this little pup, Diesel, is about four times bigger now. And his owner, the little curly-headed blonde, is bigger now too. So naturally, I found myself gushing with "Awwww's" at these (now old) photos, and that's fun!
I took these pictures one laid back Sunday evening. We were spending time outside. The kids were playing around the swing set, running around the yard with the dogs, and as the evening moved along they started drawing with chalk in the driveway with the gorgeous dusk sun behind them. Some folks were hanging around the BBQ grill, telling stories and laughing. Some others were just sitting in the grass admiring all the kids enjoying themselves. And I was, as usual, swirling around with my camera trying to take pictures of all of it. Here are just a few of the highlights from that evening:
I hope each of you is having a delightful summer filled with puppy love, warm lighting, and chalk-on-your-butt fun.






Comments
Post a Comment