Allison and Becca: A Barn Wedding

Becca and I have been friends for over ten years, and of all the many people who could have photographed her wedding day, she asked me. Despite the fact I don't usually photograph weddings, I dug deep for the courage to say "yes" because I wanted to be there for her in friendship and in support of her relationship.

She and Allison, both St. Louis area natives, didn't meet until they were both living in Oregon. So it seemed only natural to have a "Missouri wedding," as they called it. They chose a rustic, barn venue near Collinsville, Illinois, about 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis, and despite the very rainy weather (it was March in Missouri after all), nothing could hinder the love and joy that filled the day.

Friends and family spent the entire morning and afternoon transforming the barn from well, a barn..... to a radiant, cozy wedding venue. In between downpours, the barn slowly began to fill with white tables and chairs, photos of the couple's journey, festive bunting, warm lights and lanterns, beverage/food/cake serving tables, and the loveliest little spot for the ceremony.

As if Mother Nature knew their schedule, the rain stopped just as guests started arriving, and the sounds of chatter and laughter started filling the barn in anticipation of the special moment Allison and Becca would say "I do" in front of the people who matter most to them.

I had a blast capturing their wedding with my camera. I am honored to have been a small part of their day because their love is so strong and so beautiful.

A & B: congratulations! I hope you relive the beauty of your day through these photos, and please know that I love you and wish you a lifetime of happiness!

xo
Ashley


 


 



































































 








































Comments